Sunday, April 5, 2009

How can I become closer to God?

The way God works can vary.

To become closer to God you need to pray everyday, and read the Bible every day.

This is how I became closer to Him:

Every night, I would pray that I would become much more closer to the Lord, but nothing happened. Yet, I still continued to pray. Then one night, the Lord put me in a problem, He gave me a big fear, every night I went to bed. I didn't know what to do, I hated going to sleep being scared. I tried watching tv, and reading a book to get it off my mind, but the fear was still in my mind. One night, I decided to read the Bible for about 40 minutes, and then I went to bed. I noticed that I wasn't scared! From that night on I read the Bible every night, but if I didn't I would be scared. And by reading the Bible every night I came closer to the Lord and actually I wrote a few psalms about it.

Sometimes, the Lord will use a problem to bring us closer to Him.

But anyway, just keep praying to the Lord, and ask Him to bring you closer to Him, also reading the Bible.

Prayer makes things happen.

God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Prayer and faith will come a long way. It may take days, weeks, months, years, or possibly generations for some prayer requests to be granted but if it is in God's Will it shall happen.

    ReplyDelete